Microdermabrasion home kits are among the bestselling skin care kits today. Depending on how frequently and the way you use your skincare kit, the effectiveness of the microdermabrasion home kit will be affected on how you use it.
Here is a quick guide on using a microdermabrasion kit for maximum benefit:
1. Choose a high quality microdermabrasion home kit. Microdermabrasion kits are not created equal. While higher priced kits are usually better, there are also good ones in the middle and lower end of the scale. In general, choose a microdermabrasion home kit that has a moisturizing resurfacing cream and a resurfacing tool. Also included with the package is a set of sponge applicators. These are imperative because they will replace the fine crystals used in most skin care clinics.
2. Always read and follow the detailed instructions in your home kit. Most home kits will advise you to use their tools during the cleansing process. Washing your face with water is essential before you begin the procedure. Stay away from soap as it can irritate your skin and will work against your microdermabrasion cream. After attaching the sponge applicator on the resurfacing tool, dip it lightly in the microdermabrasion cream.
3. Apply cream and use resurfacing tool lightly. Never scrub your face using the resurfacing tool. Most creams and tools in microdermabrasion kits are designed to gently polish your skin’s surface – let them do the job. Activating your resurfacing tool and gently massage your face with it. Vibration is normal. Avoid sensitive areas such as eyes and mouth to avoid possible irritation.
4. Right after rinsing your face, apply moisturizer. Rinse your face with warm water, pat dry, and moisturize your skin. It is best to follow a schedule for using your microdermabrasion kit especially if your skin is sensitive and prone to irritation. It is advisable to limit sun exposure.
5. Wash, clean, and store your microdermabrasion machines or kit properly. Clean the resurfacing tool and sponge applicators after every use with warm water and mild antibacterial or disinfectant soap. Before storing, it is advisable to thoroughly dry them to prevent bacterial growth.